Services we offer
- Audit/SOX fee maintenance/reduction
- Construction of entity-wide Continuous Control Monitors
- Fraud finding and recovery (with statistical projections for SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER RECOVERIES … think tens and hundreds of $millions, here)
- Audit department policy formation
- Establishing/reviewing audit department training curriculum
- Establishing/rewriting audit department procedural manuals
- Sustainable SOX and Basel II compliance support
- COSO-ERM compliance support
- Turnbull Guidance support
- Forecast of future financial numbers and future SOX compliance
- SAS 70/ISA 402 support
- Litigation support and defense
- Entity-wide business risk assessment and management
- Control & Risk Self Assessment … and teaching management how to measure controls
- Forensics investigations (strictly private, low key internal white collar crime/fraud reviews) and recovery (with statistical extrapolation to maximize your return).
- Find fraud ... and find it faster ... not just big fraud, but also small, systematic fraud (which flies under the radar screen.
- Unbiased analysis and review of "unusual" year end account fluctuation ... and related journal entries. Investigation of "reversing entries" and high year end accruals/deferrals.
- Six sigma and process control/improvement.
- Remote Data Mining: development of business metrics and data relations ... using your data. Comparisons to world-class best practices.
- Discussions with your Audit Committee ... after my training, as to "How your audit department IS auditing better."
- Discussions with your Board of Directors ... after my training, as to "How your audit department is auditing better."
- Audit Committee Member
- Board of Directors Member
- Extended R&D Department
- Special Projects/In-house consulting (see business wins, at right, for actual business cases with incredible cost savings)
- Outside Mediator/Conflict Resolution/Arbitrator/Focus Group Chairman
- Project Manager
- Keynote speaker
- Conference talks and workshops
- Chapter workshops
Dr. Dan Kneer Advisory Group never wants to "LEAVE YOU HANGING." In fact, we really get annoyed with seminar instructors who merely "show you how to do it" ... and then leave town! (That's why almost all of our classes are 100% HANDS-ON ... with the students making presentations where they apply their training to ongoing audits.)
Further, when the class is over ... the APPLIED KNOWLEDGE ... the knowledge transfer really kicks in. We want to be available when you apply our efficient and effective audit concepts on your audit engagement.
We can contract with you so that we will be available to your audit shop, to help you maximize your audit tool efficiencies. Think of us as an extension of your audit shop ... ON DEMAND. You pay only when you use our services. We guarantee our turn around time, even if we are in Australia, Europe or Asia.
Another idea, which has been quite successful, is the holding of a contest amongst your audit staff. Here's how it works. You challenge your staff to apply the tools and techniques which we have taught to them. You specify that 1) Dr. Dan and 2) the Director of you audit shop will be the "judges." What we are looking for, here, are clever applications of the scientific tools taught in our courses. AGAIN, WE WANT YOU TO GET CONTINUOUS VALUE FROM OUR COURSES. We'll let you decide how to reward the contest winners. Again, let me say that these "contests" have been phenomenally successful, as they really encourage innovative thinking.
- Working with auditors, inspectors, examiners he has racked up some phenomenal cost recoveries and savings: a Fortune 500 Company now saves $300,000,000 per year, in their vendor distribution supply chain
- Completion of a three-year consulting project with federal agency which saved hundreds of millions of $'s, per year, both revenue protection and cost avoidance. Using mathematical techniques founded in management science, constructed a sophisticated risk assessment front-end. Dan was the lead researcher, architect, designer and implementer of the project.
- Installed SAP access controls/profiles, security and configurables for a major chemical manufacturer
- Authored a US federal Agency OIG Audit Manual (risk assessment, stat sampling and analytical review)
- Developed an Audit Strategy for Internal Audit at a nuclear-powered electric utility (IT audit)
- Contributed significant content to four State Auditors Office Audit Manuals
- Developed an intensive hands-on network security course, and CD, entitled “Tech Camp” for big-4
- Founding father of big-4 firm's "university". Lead Curriculum Designer, Developer and Instructor for 8 years
- Primary Researcher and Team Leader, development of a Corporate-Wide Real-Time Business Monitor for Fortune top 10 multi-national
- Lead Author of the Audit Director’s Roundtable White Paper # 1 Continuous Control Monitoring
- Three (3) Fortune 100 companies recently utilized Dan's FORECASTING model. They all experienced accuracies of 98.4%+ as regards to prediction the next quarters select financial numbers!